Under the direction of the Champions Course architects, Pascuzzo & Pate Golf Design, all 18 holes on Legends Golf Course were renovated, while maintaining the classic Dick Wilson-Joe Lee design. The multifaceted makeover includes a complete reconstruction and redesign of all 18 greens, as well as a thorough resurfacing of tee complexes, all-new bunkering and the planting of paspalum turfgrass in the fairways.
Legends Course is more spacious than the Champions Course, with a more open look, while providing a complementary set of strategic challenges and a variety of visual encounters.
• Bentgrass greens to be redesigned and enlarged from average of 3,000 square feet to an average of 5,000 square feet
• Greens at the first, 12th, 15th and 17th holes to be relocated
• Every bunker is being redesigned and reconstructed, complete with new drainage and sand (numerous bunkers to be removed)
• Tees are being rebuilt and reshaped to provide more space
• Fairways will feature "golfer-friendly" paspalum - a salt-water tolerant grass that provides favorable, cushioned lies - and will be widened