The new We-Ko-Pa Resort & Conference Center is located 20 minutes from the airport.
It features 246 contemporary guestrooms and suites designed with Native American traditions, bold Southwestern cuisine at Ahnala Restaurant, luxurious spa treatments and salon services at the Amethyst Spa, and a spacious heated outdoor pool with two whirlpools. The resort’s proximity to the award-winning courses at We-Ko-Pa Golf Club, gaming and entertainment at Fort McDowell Casino.
Professional Golf Instruction
We-Ko-Pa Golf Club’s professional golf staff offers players of all ages and skill levels a wide array of instruction services, clinics and golf lessons throughout the year.
Brian Schommer, PGA
Approach First I believe a good golf swing is born when a perfect set-up is achieved. There is a correct grip, posture, alignment, ball position, tension level, and mind set a student must master. Second, finding a correct swing plane to compliment the set-up we found for the student is important. I feel this can only be worked on once we find the six set-up fundamentals.
One-Hour Group Lessons
• Individual 1 hour lesson
• 5 Hours of Instruction
Ron Mills, PGA
• Physical Screening
• All aspects of the game are important
• This ensures a good starting point for the student and teacher to devise a game plan for future success
• The student should progress before the next lesson
• Every student must learn the nine ball flight laws
• Setting golfing goals
• One or two drills are given each lesson to ensure proper practice
• Video is an essential visual aid, but it should be used only for necessary reasons
• One 45-minute Lesson $75.00
One Hour Group Lessons
• Two Students $50.00 per Student